2

Blergh Carl(The sound that the host of Burt Carl makes while sick)

Posted by Bobby on 9:35 AM
Yesterday was not a good day for Kara. She spent most of the morning vomiting while trying to teach. She wasn't able to hold much of anything down the entire day. She started feeling better in the afternoon but she had her first game of the season at Oakland. This meant she had to endure a bus ride there and back. I think that plus the ride back home took it's toll on her. She pretty much went straight to bed. While in bed she nuzzled up to a trash can until she fell asleep.

She has the typical Jarboe stubbornness and wants to try to wait it out a little longer before she goes in for a prescription for the nausea. Once positive thing is that the Zantac is doing the job on her heartburn. Everyone has told her that the sickness seems to peak during week 8. We are smack dab in the middle of week 8 so hopefully she will start feeling a little better. At this point I'm going to have to beat Burt Carl the moment h/s/i comes into this earth for making her feel so bad...like I'm ever going to be a strict disciplinarian. That will be Kara's job. I will just have to be brought in to scare the crap out of h/h/i. I will take some lessons from Mr. Jarboe and his 2x4's when it comes time for that.

Here's hoping for some improvements in Kara's early pregnancy,
Bobby

2 Comments


Kara,

It's okay to take time off! No need to be super-woman.


I had a period of intense nausea with Maggie that I was reluctant to take pills for. Someone recommended ginger to settle my tum, so I went out and bought some ginger root and some chai tea bags. I peeled the ginger and ground it up with a garlic press and steeped it in hot water then sieved it out (I used the chai tea bags because I liked the flavour better than straight ginger and they go together harmoniously).

I drank enough tea to kill a brit, but it seemed to work pretty well (assuming you can keep the tea down :). I began preparing it in large batches, fridging it and drinking it preemptively in the early afternoons to avoid the inevitable bout of early evening pukies.

If you don't like ginger this is probably not the solution for you.

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Burt Carl: The Bean, The Fetus, The Legend All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive. | Distributed by Mumbai Mania