1

Doctor Visit

Posted by Bobby on 8:35 PM
OK, I've finally decided to go ahead and do the update that I should have done two days ago. It's been kind of busy around here the last couple of days. Sorry for the delay.

Kara and I went to the doctor on Wednesday morning for our first checkup. We checked in and immediately went to the ultrasound room. The ultrasound process went by very quickly. I would be telling a lie if I said that I wasn't nervous. I was fully expecting to see two Burt Carls but alas there was only one. My nerves were not soothed when I gazed upon the instrument they used to get the images. Once again it made me very happy that men do not actually carry the baby. Poor, poor Kara. We were however serenaded with plenty of slow jams brought to us by the fine folks at 101.1 The Beat Jams...Of all the musical selections I envisioned being played while the ultrasound was taking place Jay Z was not one of them. At least it wasn't Ja Rule.

So without further ado, here are the pics that prove there is a Burt Carl...


I think h/s/i looks like me....

After the ultrasound we waited on our Doctor for what seemed like an eternity. He had apparenlty just started a C-section right as we finished up the ultrasound. So far I've been very impressed with him. He is a bit of a spaz but you can tell he cares about his patients and wants the best for each one of them. He has me fooled anyway. We discussed Kara's heartburn issues along with the morning sickness. He gave her several options to try for each and said if neither had improved by our next visit that he would prescribe something. Hopefully this will make our lives a little easier.

After the doctor visit we met with Uncle Mac and went to Chef Wangs for lunch. This was not a very wise choice. Kara had the bowl of soup she had been craving along with about a spoon full of actual Chinese food. She did however eat plenty of pudding, cheese cake, and grapes. She spent the rest of the afternoon/evening sick and laid out on the couch. Not quite the ending we had hoped for.

Kara did feel better today. I'm beginning to think she is becoming dairy intolerant. He stomach misfortunes seem to revolve around dairy products. I don't think she is buying that explanation but I'm convinced. Our next visit is scheduled for Sept. 16th. By that time ole' Burt Carl should have an audible heartbeat.

Until Then...
Bobby

1 Comments


Brad Talley decided last night that the baby should be named Buck Leathers. There was a reason for that--but you'll have to ask JP. I only remember that he was adamant it was the best name ever.

Hope you guys are doing well! All 3!

Burt Carl is looking great! I can't wait to see her in another 12 weeks!

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Burt Carl: The Bean, The Fetus, The Legend All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive. | Distributed by Mumbai Mania